Tuesday, December 22, 2009

New Post Box


Approaching our front door these last few days, I have been tickled to see our finished entryway ensemble.
I designed this post box a month back and took it to my favorite sheet metal shop down the street. They do amazing work and I got the call this week that it was ready for pickup. Now we have the full setup: galvanized barn light, handcrafted aluminum numbers on cherry, and the post box with vinyl letters.

We have an old mail slot (now covered) but this looks much better from the street and will definitely help keep the heat inside our house.

Soon to come: my magnetic shelf to cover the inside of the old mail slot.

3 comments:

Kevin Casey said...

This looks incredible!

Montana Eats said...

I gotta say, I love the Address plate. Supercool.

Lori said...

so friggin' cool!!!!! I miss you!